Friday, March 12, 2010

Remember When

Last night I had a flash back. Due to work, I had to go to a meeting last night. So I asked my parents to come a hangout with Kylie and Ashton. Mom came over after school and I left for the meeting. My dad came over with Chick-fil-A and had dinner with the girls. Ashton had softball practice so my dad was asked to take her. They went on their merry way and came back with many stories. One being...

Ashton came up to me and whispered in my ear. "Pawpall told me to not tell you we stopped for Ice Cream."

Knowing where the ball fields are and the distance to Baskin Robbins I had already figured it out that they would stop. There were many days after ball practice that dad and I would stop by BR to get a treat before we went home. Mom always knew that we did but just let us have our moment. The rule is you have to finish before we get home and mom can't find out.

I remembered some past-times with dad. Here are just a few...

Showing the team how to slide. Not realizing he knocked me 10 feet off the base. But I didn't drop the ball.

Going to Greers Ferry just to knee board on a pretty day. Don't forget to look back to see if they dropped the rope.

Six Flags and the Bungie Swing.

Many talks about if someone had ever touched the top of that tree.

Spitting seeds as high as you can out of the jeep.

There are many more but I'm laughing my head off.

I pray that everyone has a best friend like I do. He is my dad.

I will always be a daddy's girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment