Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday

After yesterday I thought today would be a good day to express some of my thoughts.

The past few weeks I have been emotionaly drained or what you would call a rut. It could be from an incidental run in with someone who I rather had not talk to, many friends who have lost a loved one, sickness in our family, or just feeling like I'm running 90 to nothing.

Yesterday I got a call at work from a lady at church and she asked what I was doing after work. I replied by saying going and getting the girls then heading home. She asked if she could meet me and bring our family dinner. In my mind I thought phew what a blessing.

I met her at Kylie's daycare and she loaded my car with spaghetti, salad, bread and the most awesome chocolate chip pie. She said she remembered how it was being a young working mom and trying to get everything ready before church. She is such a blessing.

Then last night we were about to leave to go to church and Patrick (who is sick with strep) was watching the news. He said I might want to wait cause a HUGE storm is coming this way. Then my phone rang, it was dad. He asked where I was and said if I could stay at home. The storm had already hit close to my aunts house in Benton and was headed towards us. I decided that I rather not endanger my children and myself. We stayed at home close to the safe room.

In all my thoughts were I am so blessed to have a wonderful friend to bring us dinner, a husband who build us a safe house to keep us dry, and a father who still calls just to make sure we are safe.

Till next time,
Erin

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it great to focus on what blessing we have instead of the blahs in life. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To bad you don't have friends you can talk to!

    ReplyDelete