Tuesday, January 25, 2011

How 12 weeks can make a difference...

I'm not one for belly pictures but wonder how I look. I remembered that I took a picture early on and thought it would be neat to see how much Scarlet (not me) has grown.

17 Weeks                       29 Weeks  

I thought that it would be 10 weeks but with "prego brain" it was actually 12 weeks because I couldn't remember when I took the first picture. It is amazing how much SHE has grown.

I STILL have 11 (or more) weeks to go before Scarlet arrival. Many have asked me, "when are you do?". I tell them, "middle of April". Their answer is usually, "are you going to make it", "it looks like your due now" or "your going to need a wagon to carry your belly around." After that response I tend to think, "how LARGE am I". Well now I know.

I do have a few comments that are nice. Some tell me, "You look great", "Pregnancy suits you well" or "Your still a doll".

Lets just say, not all pregnant women will grow the same and I only have a little over 12 inches from my ribs to my hip bone. So knowing this, the only way to grow is OUT. Soon I will have no lap and won't be able to cross my legs.

Since I tend to get very "round" during pregnancy, I try not to say anything that would hurt anyones feelings. Yes, we are carrying a child but we do want to feel pretty, even if it is under a tent.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds familiar!! ;) Us shorties would look a LOT different if we had a few more inches to our height too.

    ReplyDelete